Sunday 29 April 2012

New Life :)

The call came through "Quick quick they are hatching"! So first thing this morning we raced off to to my in-laws Big G and Chief L's (there are so many 'L's' in our family but she is the boss of them all and therefore gets to be chief) house to see the baby quails :) The eggs have cracked and fluffy little quails have joined the family :) The Rascally Ones were delighted to inspect the eggs that are still to hatch and charmed by the three little quails scurrying around :)



The visit this morning also gave us the opportunity to meet the new baby calf! He was very brave in the company of the Rascally Ones as none of them seem to have a volume control when they are excited :) Big L stayed true to being a three year old and was mostly impressed by the size of the poo on the ground :) Nice :)


I am kicking myself for not getting a photo but we also got to have a look at all the little plants in the newly built greenhouse! What exciting things are happening in there! Yummy delicious exciting things! It reminded me of just how excited I am to get our planter boxes filled and planted :) Also I plan to sneak some orchids into the greenhouse :)

But the new life that is mostly on my mind is in the form of human babies :) Two of my sister-in-laws are pregnant and I am so excited! It never ceases to amaze me that two new little people will be joining our family :) Two new little people to welcome :) Two new little people to love :) Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment